We have been working with DiscoEat (and now Didit) since mid 2021. What was first an exploration of an idea became a partnership and full UX & UI design of a new product. Throughout this time we’ve been closely collaborating with their internal product and design teams, helping the Founders allocate their resources and attention better in order to create, ship & sell a disruptive product in a fraction of the time.
DiscoEat is a restaurant discovery and booking platform available in Germany. Prior to the pandemic, they experienced high growth and built up a lot of excitement around their unique discount system. Throughout 2020, they tirelessly kept iterating and exploring different ways to adapt to the new reality.
When we started working together, DiscoEat had identified a niche in the market. Only 1% of restaurants in Germany accepted payments via phone and competitors were not even close to entering the market due to the fragmented ecosystem. The founders were ready for innovation and we were thrilled to join them on this journey.
✅ Validating the Opportunity
Our first step was validating the opportunity through a hands-on workshop. We collaborated to define the problem and goals, then rapidly prototyped a mobile checkout system. Pitching this to a diverse range of restaurant owners uncovered strong demand - some were ready to buy on the spot.
With validation from real-world testing, DiscoEat secured investor buy-in and aligned on the product direction, saving months of work. These tangible results gave the green light to launch Didit.
Book a discovery call
🤝 Co-creating an intuitive product
Since then, we’ve worked with the growing Didit team as their Integrated Team
- Establish full product functionality
- Design and test an optimal UX
- Create a fresh UI design system with new typography, branding and colours
- Work closely with their team to refine, iterate, standardise and learn
“Working with Lumi is like having a senior Head of Design on demand, without needing to hire”
As our later sprints built on the learnings from the initial workshop, we were able to jump straight into design and solve deep User Experience challenges. During each sprint, we focused on a specific product element and met daily with the client to make key decisions.
Our agile sprints enabled fast-paced decision making to solve complex challenges. Didit's team could then efficiently implement our designs over 1-2 months.
☄️ Impact on Didit
The result is a product that has been fast to develop and has clear advantages over the competition:
- Checkout in a restaurant takes just 15 seconds
- Splitting the bill with your friends is easy and allows flexibility & speed that no competitor offers
- Restaurants have a range of important customisation options not available on any other app
- The Didit design team already owns the product design, as we were partners and co-creators. No hand-off was necessary and they’re fully equipped to use and build on all the deliverables that the Lumi sprints give them.
We're proud to have rapidly equipped Didit to validate, build, and launch an innovative product that simplifies payments.
Talk with our founder and see how we can help you gain traction & find product market fit!